PIECES (1982) Deluxe 3 disc (2 Blu-ray + CD soundtrack) set
PLEASE NOTE: This title is available to USA & Canada only. Purchases from overseas will be refunded.
USA/Spain, 1982. Director: Juan Piquer Simon. Starring Christopher George, Edmund Purdom, Lynda Day George, Paul Smith, Ian Sera. 85 Mins.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO TEXAS FOR A CHAINSAW MASSACRE!
Grindhouse Releasing is proud to present the sickest and most violent of all the early '80s slasher movies. A psychopathic killer stalks a Boston campus, brutally slaughtering nubile young college co-eds, collecting body parts from each victim to create the likeness of his mother who he savagely murdered with an axe when he was ten years old! PIECES is a wild, unrated gorefest, with enough splatter and sleaze to shock the most jaded horror fan.
- TWO complete versions of this shocking gore classic
- PIECES (83 minutes) - the original, unrated U.S. theatrical version, presented in English
- MIL GRITOS TIENE LA NOCHE (86 minutes) - the original uncensored director's cut, presented in Spanish with original score by Librado Pastor
- Spectacular new 4K transfers - scanned from the original camera negative
- Brand new audio commentary by star Jack Taylor
- Special 5.1 audio option - the Vine Theater Experience!
- In-depth interviews with director Juan Piquer Simón and genre superstar Paul L. Smith
- 42nd STREET MEMORIES - all-new feature-length documentary containing interviews with Sam Sherman, Bill Lustig, Larry Cohen, Frank Henenlotter, Buddy Giovinazzo, Jeff Lieberman, John Skipp, Lynn Lowry, Terry Levene, and many other exploitation icons
- Extensive gallery of stills and poster art
- Exhaustive filmographies
- Liner notes by legendary horror journalist Chas. Balun and Rick Sullivan
- BONUS CD - original soundtrack - newly remastered from the original studio tapes
- Beautiful embossed slipcover
- AND OTHER SURPRISES!
"One of my top horror films of all time! Not only is this the ultimate chainsaw movie, it's the ultimate slasher film. It has everything you could possibly want, by the bucketful. Full on chainsaw violence, absurd amounts of nudity, and the greatest ending in horror history. A masterpiece of early '80s sleaze."
- Eli Roth, director of HOSTEL and THE GREEN INFERNO
"A barrage of great, graphic entrail-spewed slaughter executed in super-gross European gore technician style."
- Rick Sullivan, GORE GAZETTE
"One of the most shocking exponents to hit the Deuce in the 1980s. PIECES went straight for the jugular... one of the few movies at the time that silenced the most raucous grindhouse audiences."
- Bill Landis, SLEAZOID EXPRESS
"a PERFECT 10!"
- Chas. Balun, THE GORE SCORE
"The best chain-saw flick since the original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. Head roll before the titles roll. Splatter City.
- Joe Bob Briggs
"PIECES is one scary flick that changed 42nd Street forever. Nothing will ever top PIECES."
- Rick Sullivan, GORE GAZETTE